Earlier this year, at the Mobile World Congress 2017, Samsung revealed their new tab, Galaxy Tab S3. Now it seems like the South Korean company is planning for another surprise for its customers. Well, an unannounced tablet with either a model number Samsung SM-T380 (for the Wi-Fi only version) or SM-T385 (with LTE connectivity) has been found listed on the GFXBench website. Some reports claimed that the phone is more likely to be named as Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017), thus in this way the device is going to be the part of Samsung’s ‘A series’.
The last Galaxy Tab A 8.0 tablet Samsung announced landed back in March 2015, so I guess it’s about time for its successor. The Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2015) came in two variants, its WiFi model supported 1.5GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, while its 4G LTE model came with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage.
Unveiled Features and Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017):
- Display: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) will support an 8-inch display with HD (1280 x 800 pixels) resolution.
- Processor: It will be powered by 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor featuring a 1.4 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU.
- Software: In terms of software, the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) will run on Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Memory and Storage: The tablet will be equipped with a 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory.
- Camera: An 8-megapixel snapper will be placed on the back of the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017), and a 5-megapixel shooter will be available on the tablet’s front side.
- Graphics: On graphic front, the phone will support Adreno 308 GPU.
As far as the battery of Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017) is being concerned, no words have been said about it. Talking about its official launch, it is more likely to be launched at IFA 2017.