In the last week of February 2017, the South Korean electronics company, LG, announced at the Mobile World Congress, the latest smartphone to its collection – the LG X Power2. The smartphone was speculated to be released in early June but it’s already happening! LG officials have announced that the shipping has already begun and the smartphone will first be available in the North American market, followed by Europe, Asia, Latin America and other regions.
If you’re unaware of the features of the LG X Power2, here’s a refresher for you: With a 4500mAh battery and a 5.5 inch HD LCD display, this new LG smartphone might be one of the best mid-range smartphones in the market with a battery and specifications as mentioned below. The LG X Power2 will be the best companion for anyone who has trouble with their phone battery and while the super long lasting battery might be one of the best features of this handset, but there are other specifications that have drawn our attention.
LG X Power2 Specifications
- Design: The smartphone has a thickness of 8.44 mm and weighs only about 164 grams. The smartphone will be available in four colors – Shiny Gold, Shiny Blue, Shiny Titan and Black Titan. Although the LG X Power2 does not have a full metal body and the back panel cannot be removed, it does however shine in the light. The design might not be the best for an LG smartphone, but it’s not the worst either.
- Display: 5.5 inches touch screen LCD display with HD resolution (720 x 1280). The LCD supports multi touch.
- Processor: 1.5 GHz Octa-core Mediatek MT6750
- Software: Android v. 7.0 Nougat
- Storage & Memory: 1.5 or 2 GB RAM with an internal storage of 16 GB. The storage can be expanded up to 2TB with a microSD card
- Camera: 5 MP front camera and a 13 MP rear camera with autofocus, face detection, touch focus and geo-tagging features
- Battery: 4500mAh non-removable Lithium battery. It is advertised to last 26 hours of talk-time, 18 hours of video and 19 hours of web surfing
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Connectivity: Supports WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.20, microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Gyroscope, accelerometer, compass, proximity.
- Price: Starting from US $265 (roughly Rs. 18,000)
Although the smartphone market of 2017 is highly competitive, it’s safe to say LG is doing a pretty decent job. We’re definitely excited for the release of the new LG X Power2 smartphone with its amazing battery life and a reasonable price tag. Let us know below if you are too!