iFile is a file explorer app like the Finder in OS X and Explorer in Windows that allows you to browse, move, delete or modify any file on your iPhone. While the Android has many file manager apps, Apple does not give this feature to its users. However, a third party application called iFile app helps you to do so.
Unfortunately, it is not available in the App Store. For a device with jailbreak you can easily install iFile on iPhone by downloading it from Cydia. But if your device is not jailbroken then don’t worry because in this article we will be telling an easy way to download iFile on iPhone without jailbreak.
You can also transfer files from your iPhone to a Mac or a PC over the WiFi using the iFile app. First of all, you need an iPhone with an iOS version of 8.0.2 or above. This method might even work for iOS 9 if Apple has not patched the hole in their firmware updates.
We will recommend you to follow the Cydia method that requires a jailbreak because it is much easier and simpler. If you still want to try out the method to install iFile without jailbreak then follow the steps given below.
Steps to Download iFile on iPhone Without Jailbreak
- First of all you need to change the date to 20th September 2014. You can do that by going to Settings, then General and under the Date and time option you need to uncheck the set automatically option and change the date manually to 20th September 2014.
- Now, open Safari browser app on your device and go to www.pgyer.com/ifile website.
- Click on Install app and wait for a pop up window. On the pop up window, click on the Install button.
- iFile will start downloading automatically.
- Now, press the Home button and go to the home screen.
- You will see the iFile icon and wait for it to download.
- Once it gets download it will ask you if you want to install this app.
- Click on safe and install the app.
Once iFile is installed on your iPhone, you will see the icon on home screen. Open the app and use it for a bit. Now, go back to the Time and date settings and set it automatic.
That’s all the steps that you need to follow to download and install iFile on iPhone without jailbreak. Now you have a file explorer on your iPhone that you can use to move files from place to another, compress or extract compressed files etc. However, you will not get access to each and every feature of the app as your device is not jailbroken.
If your device is jailbroken, then you access any file or directory including the system files. So, I will still recommend you to download Cydia, that requires a jailbreak, and install the app from there to unlock the full potential of iFile app.
I would also like to tell you that iFile is not available in the app store not because it is illegal. iFile is a legal app and can be used without any problem. However it violates some of the rules of Apple guidelines that is why it has been removed from the app store. This is the best app that you will need quite often.
If you liked our guide to download iFile on iPhone without jailbreak, then share your feedback with us and share the article with your friends.