Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+, although launched last month are out in the stores in India. Customers who have placed their orders initially have already started receiving the flagship device, claims an author from Sammobile.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ were launched in India on 19th April 2017 with the prices starting at Rs. 57,900 and Rs. 64,900 respectively. One of the most attractive features of the new smartphones is their infinity display. The display of this new device offers end to end visibility with minimum bezels on each side.
The Galaxy S8 features 5.8-inch QHD while Galaxy S8+ encompasses 6.2-inch QHD. Both smartphones offers 1440 x 2960 pixels super AMOLED display and come in Corning Gorilla Glass 5 to provide additional protection.
The latest smartphones from the South Korean company, the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ run on Android 7.0 Nougat right out-of-the-box. Both devices come with 4GB of RAM along with an inbuilt 64GB of storage. However, the storage is expandable up to 256 GB via micro SD card. The smartphones are powered by 1.9 GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 8895 processor.
In addition, the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ feature wireless as well as fast charging support. The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ comprise 3000 mAh (measures 148.9×68.1x8mm and weighs 155 grams) and 3500 mAh (measures 159.5×73.4×8.1mm and weighs 173 grams) batteries respectively.
The connectivity options on both the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz, 5GHz), Bluetooth v5.0, USB Type-C, NFC and GPS.
Sensors on board embrace an Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Barometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate Sensor, Magnetometer, and Proximity Sensor. As far as the cameras of these two new attractions are being concerned, they offer 12 megapixels ‘Dual Pixel’ rear camera with f/1.7 aperture and optical stabilization. On the other hand, they support eight-megapixel front cameras featuring f/1.7 aperture and autofocus on board. These smartphones are said to perform magnificently under low and dim light conditions.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Specifications
- Display: The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ features 5.8-inch QHD and 6.2-inch QHD respectively with 1440 x 2960 pixels super AMOLED display and Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Chipset: 1.9 GHz Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 8895 processor.
- Memory and Storage: 4GB of RAM with an inbuilt 64GB of storage expandable up to 256 GB via micro SD card.
- Software: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Camera: 12-megapixel ‘Dual Pixel’ rear and 8-megapixel front cameras featuring f/1.7 aperture
- Network and Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz, 5GHz), Bluetooth v5.0, USB Type-C, NFC and GPS
- Battery: The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ includes 3000 mAh and 3500 mAh batteries respectively
- Dimensions: Galaxy S8: 148.9×68.1x8mm and weighs 155 grams; Galaxy S8+: 159.5×73.4×8.1mm and weighs 173 grams
Apart from the key features, it is worth nothing that Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ is rolling out with the company’s very own Bixby, Samsung’s version of Google Assistant which in itself is a very smart and robust personal assistant. The voice commands functionality will be included only by the end of this year.
So, the wait is finally over. Rush to your nearest stores and get hold of the Samsung’s new released smartphones Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ whichever suits your pocket and requirements.
Image Source: CNet