The South-Korean company, Samsung, just launched the latest storage variants of the Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime and J7 Prime in India. The new handsets now feature a 32GB internal storage which is double the amount the phones offered last year. Rumors of the new 32GB variants of the smartphones started back in April, but now they are finally confirmed.
Samsung Mobile India tweeted about the launch of the new Samsung J7 Prime and J5 Prime earlier on Thursday.
— Samsung Mobile India (@SamsungMobileIN) May 25, 2017
As far as the specs and features go, there isn’t any noticeable change apart from the increased internal storage.
Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime
- Design: The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime is available in two colors – black and gold. The smartphone comes in a full metal body and is a Dual-SIM phone which supports nano SIM cards.
- Display: J7 Prime sports a 5.5-inch Full HD Display (1080 x 1920 pixel resolutions)
- Processor: The smartphone is powered by 1.67 GHz octa-core Exynos 7870 processor chip
- Software: As far as the software goes, it’s not really the latest one available. J7 Prime runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Samsung’s custom skin, TouchWiz UI on the top.
- Memory and Storage: This new variant features a 3GB RAM and a 32 GB internal storage. The storage is expandable up to 256 GB via a microSD card.
- Camera: J7 Prime sports a 13-MP primary camera with an LED Flash light and auto-focus. The secondary/front camera is advertised to be ideal for selfies yet it is only 8-MP. Users of the J series admit the camera of these Samsung smartphones need a lot of work.
- Battery: The phone has a non-removable 3300mAh battery.
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack sits at the bottom of the smartphone.
- Connectivity: The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime is includes connectivity options of WiFi 802.11a/b/g, 3G, Bluetooth, GPRS, Edge, GPS and Glonass.
- Other features: What makes the J7 Prime unique are the S Secure and the S Power Planning features. The J Series also feature the ultra-power saving mode and the S bike mode.
The Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime, on the other hand, has almost similar specifications and features with the following differences: The display screen is 5-inch (720 x 1280 pixel resolutions) instead of 5.5-inch. The phone runs on the 1.4 GHz Exynos chip, the battery is powered at 2400mAh, and the smartphone has a 2GB RAM.
Both the 32GB variants of the J series are available for purchase in India. The Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime is slightly cheaper, priced at Rs. 14,900 whereas the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime can be bought at Rs. 16,900. Both smartphones can be bought at the Samsung’s online website and will soon make way to offline retailers as well.