HTC’s next flagship smartphone, the HTC U 11 is set to be unveiled at an event on May 16, but the specifications of the smartphone have been spotted on GeekBench listing. The smartphone is rumored to come with Edge Sensors on the metallic edges which will allow you to perform various functions by swiping, tapping or squeezing the phone.
The specs of the smartphone look promising with Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (octa-core 64-bit Kryo 280 CPU + Adreno 540 GPU) chipset. According to GeekBench listing, the smartphone will have 4 GB or 6 GB of RAM onboard with 64 GB or 128 GB of internal storage with 2 TB of expandable storage.
The teaser video released earlier suggested that the smartphone comes with a squeezable design and it’s been teased several times that the phone will come with “Edge Sensors” that will allow you to perform tasks by squeezing your phone. Check out the teaser video below!
HTC U 11 Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch Super LCD display with QHD resolution (1440×2560 pixels) and Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (octa-core 64-bit Kryo 280 CPU + Adreno 540 GPU)
- Memory & Storage: 4/6 GB RAM and 64/128 GB internal storage, expandable upto 2TB.
- Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with HTC Sense UI and Edge Sense.
- Camera: 12 MP rear camera with OIS, dual-tone LED flash and 4K video recording; 16 MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording.
- Network & Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS with GLONASS, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and USB 3.1 Type-C.
- Battery: 3,000 mAh non-removable battery with Quick Charge 3.0.
Apart from all the features, HTC U 11 also sports a fingerprint sensor embedded in the home button and the device will be IP57-certified for dust and water resistant. The phone also comes with touch-sensitive edges that allow you to scroll and select easily.
HTC’s proprietary BoomSound and Usonic audio technologies, along with active noise cancellation, 3D audio recording and hi-res audio makes it one hell of a smartphone. The smartphone is set to compete with Samsung Galaxy S8 and LG G6 when officially unveiled.
Currently, these are all rumored features as the HTC U 11 smartphone has not been announced yet, but we can expect the official unveil of the smartphone on the May 16 event.