If you want to start over your social media account, you may require to delete all the tweets from past and deleting them manually. This is a very tedious job especially when you have over a 1000 tweets on your Twitter account.
If you are looking for an easier and automatic method to delete all tweets at once, then you are at the right place. In this article I will take you through various methods and tools that can be used to delete all tweets from Twitter at once.
You can use these methods to delete all your past tweets and keep your followers and favorites. Just keep in mind that once the tweets are deleted, the process can not be undone because no backup is made during the process and you can no longer recover the past tweets.
If you are okay with permanently deleting all Twitter tweets from your account, then follow the below steps to know how to do it using different tools.
Delete All Tweets Using TwitWipe
- Go to twitter.com and sign in with the account you want to delete all the tweets from.
- Now, open a new window and go to twitwipe.com website.
- Make sure you are doing these steps from a PC or a laptop becuase the site is not responsive to mobile devices. (The mobile phone version of the app is available in app store and costs $2.99 and performs the same functions as the free web version.)
- Once the site is fully loaded, click on Get Started button.
- Then, allow the site to access your Twitter account by clicking on Authorize button.
- Now the site will ask you if you want to delete all your tweets, click on Yes to confirm that you want to delete all the tweets permanently.
- You will have to wait for a few hours or even days depending on the number of tweets your timeline has.
- But keep on thing in mind, only 3200 tweets can be deleted at once because the older tweets are not stored in the timeline. Once the 3200 tweets are deleted, the older tweets will re-surface the timeline and you can repeat the process to delete them.
- That’s how you can delete all tweets permanently using Twitwipe.
Delete All Tweets Using TweetDelete
Tweet Delete is another tool that is extremely useful in deleting all the tweets from your Twitter account. Moreover, Tweet Delete allows you to filter the tweets by month.
- Go to twitter.com and sign in with your username and password.
- Now, go to tweetdelete.net and check box next to the “I have read and agree to the TweetDelete terms”.
- Now, click on sign in with twitter and authorize access to your Twitter account by clicking Authorize now.
- Select the month past which you want to delete your tweets.
- Check the box next to Delete all my existing tweets before activating this schedule and uncheck the two boxes below it.
- Finally, click on the Activate TweetDelete button to delete all past tweets at once.
- It might take some time but all tweets from your account will get deleted.
How to Delete Tweets From Twitter Using TweetDeleter
If you compare the tools, then TweetDeleter is faster as compared to Twitwipe, but it can delete only upto 1000 tweets. You will need to repeat the process to delete the other tweets.
- To delete tweets using TweetDeleter, first log into your Twitter account.
- Now, open a new tab and go to tweetdeleter.com website.
- Authorize the app by clicking on Authorize now and give it the access to your account.
- Once you are logged in, you will see all your tweets from the past.
- Click on select all or select the tweets you want to delete.
- Now, click on Delete now to remove the selected tweets from your timeline.
- The process in irreversible and you can not recover the tweets you delete. If you want, then you can also filter the tweets based on the date, keyword, replies or images.
Also Read: How to Delete Twitter Account?
So, these is the complete method that you can use to delete all the tweets from your Twitter account using various tools.
The above mentioned sites does not steal password and uses oAuth authentication process to connect to your Twitter account which is very safe as it doesn’t require password. Try one of these recommended methods if you want to delete all tweets at once in a quick and automatic method. Only your tweets and posts will be deleted and your followers and favorites will remain as they are.
If you liked the article to delete all tweets on Twitter at once, then share it with your friends so that they also use the method whenever they want to start over with their Twitter account.