Xiaomi Redmi 4 is all set to launch in India on May 16 at an event that the company is planning to hold in India. The smartphone was announced in China last November and is a successor to the popular Redmi 3 and Redmi 3S phone. It will probably be a mid-range device and the price is expected to be around Rs. 7000 to Rs. 8000.
According to India Today, the smartphone is going to be the cheapest smartphone in India to come with Snapdragon 625 processor. The company announced the news of the upcoming smartphone with a tease on their official Twitter handle and the tweet read: “Announcing the launch of a new Redmi smartphone! Want to know more? Stay tuned. #PowerInYourHand”
— Redmi India (@RedmiIndia) May 5, 2017
The smartphone was launched in China last November along with Redmi 4 Prime as well as the Redmi 4A, which launched in India a few months ago.
The Xiaomi Redmi 4, which launched in China, had two variants – one which was powered by Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor, 2GB RAM and 16GB onboard storage, while the other variant is powered by Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor, 3GB RAM and comes with 32GB onboard storage. The price for the smartphones were CNY 699 (roughly Rs. 6500) and CNY 899 (roughly Rs. 8800) respectively.
Other than the RAM, the processor and the onboard storage, the smartphone variants share most of the specs and features.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Specifications
- Display: 5-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) with 2.5D curved glass IPS display
- Software: Android Marshmallow wrapped under MIUI 8 out of the box.
- Processor: 2 variants – Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor and Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- Storage & Memory: 2GB/3GB RAM with 16GB/32GB onboard storage which is expandable up to 128 GB with microSD card
- Camera: 13 MP rear camera with LED flash and a 5 MP front camera
- Connectivity: 4G with VoLTE support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, dual-SIM card slots and GPS
- Battery: 4100 mAh
Follow us for more news on Xiaomi Redmi 4! The smartphone will be officially announced next week, so stay in touch for the latest updates.