The rumors circulating around about the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 have been on the rise recently. Leaked images of the new device have given us a good insight of what we might expect from the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. However, none of these rumors were actually confirmed until today. Samsung has finally released a statement at a press release of the coming Note 8 and has vaguely mentioned the launch date to be in Summer 2017.
According to Samsung officials, “Samsung anticipates market demand in smartphones to slightly increase with solid replacement demand growth in the mid to high-end segment.” The predecessor model of the smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 had seen some technical difficulties that made it unsafe to use. Samsung now aims to not only step up the game with the Note 8, but it is also planning to re-launch the notorious Galaxy Note 7 in a few months too.
Although the exact date of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is not put to light, experts have predicted it will come out around October or November this year if not later. Samsung has had a reputation of introducing its latest gadgets before its competitor, Apple. Given its history, we can make a reasonable estimate the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will come out before the iPhone 8 does.
We still don’t know the actual specifications and features of the smartphone but a round-up of the leaks that have come out, plus the dummy model released just yesterday, gives us some valuable information about the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Specifications and Features
- Design: The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will probably come in an all glass and metal body that may or may not sport a fingerprint sensor. Not much has been revealed about the design but we believe it will be strikingly similar to the S8.
- Display: This is where the Note 8 makes a name. The new smartphone will pack a 6.32 inches 4K AMOLED curved display that might even be bendable! This will definitely set it apart from both the S8 and the iPhone 8 smartphones.
- Processor: The Note 8 will be powered by the latest 3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor (in the US), while the international models will be powered by Exynos 8895.
- Software: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will run on Android 7.1 Nougat but it might as well be upgraded to Android O since the new software is underway.
- Memory and Storage: The North American variant would get a 4 GB RAM with an internal memory of 64 GB, while the models that will be sold in China would feature a 6 GB RAM with a whopping internal storage of 126 GB. The storage may be expandable via a microSD card up to 2 TB.
- Camera: Vertical wide-angle, dual-camera setup as the primary camera (13 MP and 12 MP) with double flash LED lights. 5 to 8MP secondary camera.
- Battery: This Samsung smartphone is backed by a 3500mAh battery with fast charging support.
- Audio: USB-C connectivity and a 3.5 mm audio jack
- Other features: Built in ‘Bixby’ AI assistant, Iris scanner, a stylus with a speaker
- Price: No confirmed price has been put out but the Note 8 will approximately cost more than the S8+.