If you use an iPhone or iPad, then you would’ve already heard about Cydia application. However, to install Cydia on your iOS device, you have to jailbreak it.
We talked about how you can download Cydia on iPhone in our previous post and today, we will see the steps that you can use to install Cydia without jailbreak on your iOS device. Basically, your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch should be jailbroken to install Cydia app but with the steps we provide in this article, you won’t need to jailbreak your phone.
Before we start with the steps, I would like to point out that these method is not quite reliable. You might get a working Cydia application, but in most cases, the app installed on your phone won’t work or might cause issues with other functions.
So, if you really want to download Cydia app, I would recommend you to jailbreak your device and get the app on your phone.
I am providing you these steps just for informational purposes, so that you can try to install Cydia without jailbreak and see if it works properly or not.
How to Install Cydia Without Jailbreak on iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9?
There are two different methods you can use to download and install Cydia on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch without jailbreak.
Method 1: Install Cydia Without Jailbreak
This is the easiest method to download the app and install on an iOS device that is not jailbroken. Follow the steps to get the app.
- Go to Open Market Store and download Cydia app for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Click on the Get it button to download the app.
- You will see a pop-up once the download is completed. Click on Add button.
- Now, click on Add to home screen option and then click on Add button.
- You will now see Cydia icon on your device.
- Now, tap on the icon of the app on your phone to launch it. It will take some time in the beginning.
- The app is now installed successfully on your iOS device.
Now, you can use Cydia to download and install apps, games and various tweaks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 7, iOS 8 or iOS 9 easily without any jailbreak.
Also read: Funny Instagram Captions
Method 2: Install Cydia on iOS using 3rd-party app
If you go with this method, you will have to install an app, that you can download from the app store, that will function as an installer for Cydia app on your device.
Follow the steps below to install Cydia on iOS without jailbreak using a 3rd-party app:
- On your iOS phone, open App store, search for vSSH client and download it.
- You will need the specific WiFi network information. So, go to Settings, select WiFi and then click on the small arrow next to the network. Write down all the information like WiFi name, password and IP address on a piece of paper.
- Open vSSH client from the app drawer on your phone and go to the Quick Connect screen. Enter all the information that you wrote down in the previous step.
- Now, scroll down further and you will see username and password boxes. Enter “Root” as username and “Alpine” as password and click Return.
- If you scroll further down, you will see a code box where you have to paste the following code.
“wget-q-O / tmp / cyinstall.sh http://wyndrepo.googlecode.com/files/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 / tmp / cyinstall.sh && / tmp / cyinstall.sh.”
- Once you have entered the above code, click Return.
- The program will now download and install Cydia. It might take several minutes so don’t panic and be patient.
- Once the process is complete, Cydia app will be installed on your iOS device.
The Cydia icon will now appear on your iPhone screen. So, using this method, you can download and install Cydia without jailbreak on your iPhone, iPad and even on iPod Touch.
Related: Sign up With Kik Online?
These were the 2 methods that you can use to download the app. They might work and might not work, so you can try the steps. The best and the most reliable way to get Cydia app on iPhone is to jailbreak your device, but you can follow the above steps to see if you can get it without jailbreaking.
If you liked the article, then be sure to share it with your friends who are looking for a way to install Cydia without jailbreak on their iOS devices. Also, let us know if the methods worked via the comments section below.