The widely popular Chinese manufacturers, Xiaomi, brought a range of new devices to its credit this year. From the Xiaomi Redmi 4, the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 to the Xiaomi Mi 6, the smartphone company has been blowing up in 2017. Now reports have revealed the company is working on yet another model that might be available to us pretty soon – the Xiaomi Mi 6c.
Spotted on the GFXbench listing, the Xiaomi Mi 6c has been codenamed Jason, but with the specs and features it packs, we are sure ‘Jason’ is actually the Xiaomi Mi 6c since it is shockingly similar to the Mi 6. The Xiaomi Mi 6c is designed to reach out to a wider audience, being entry-level and cheaper than its parent model, the Mi 6.
There are some major differences between the two variants as far as the processor goes, with the Mi 6c now apparently powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor chip instead of the Snapdragon 835 processor that powered the Mi 6.
Another major change is the lesser quality of the secondary or the front-facing camera that further cuts down the price of the device. The secondary camera is now 4MP in quality instead of the 8MP that the Mi 6 sported. Most of the other specifications are apparently more or less the same.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 6c / ‘Jason’
- Display: Xiaomi Mi 6c will feature a 5.1 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixel resolutions) display that will support multi fingerprint gesture support.
- Processor: This smartphone by Xiaomi is rumored to be powered by 2.2 GHz octa-core Snapdragon 660 processor.
- Graphics Processor (GPU): Powered by Qualcomm Adreno 512 processor.
- Software: The Xiaomi Mi 6c will run Android 7.11 Nougat with MIUI 8 on top.
- Memory and Storage: The device will come with 4GB of RAM coupled with 64GB internal storage which will be expandable via a microSD card.
- Camera: The handset will pack a 12MP primary camera at the back that will allow users to shoot 4K images and videos. The primary camera is also backed up with dual LED-flash lights. On the front of the handset, however, the camera is only a meager 4MP now which might not be the best for selfie enthusiasts.
- Battery: The Xiaomi Company has always been known for its spectacular battery and charging. The Mi 6c is no different and packs a whopping 5300mAh battery that will most probably support Quick Charging although it hasn’t been specifically mentioned in the GFXbench listing.
- Audio: The phone comes with a 3.5mm audio jack on top of the device.
- Connectivity: The handset will support Bluetooth, WiFi, and GPS
- Other Features: The Mi 6c will feature an accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, proximity and pedometer.
- Price: The price of the Xiaomi Mi 6c is not yet confirmed obviously but we can assume the smartphone to be much cheaper than the Xiaomi Mi 6 (which will be priced at around Rs. 24,000 in India when it launches in July)
Despite the fact that the Mi 6c is a lighter, cheaper version of the Mi 6, fans of the company still have high expectations from the company. It is presumed that the Xiaomi Mi 6c will come out before the Mi 5c which will be powered by the company’s own processor chipset – the Surge S1.
Are you excited for the release of the Xiaomi Mi 6c, codenamed ‘Jason’ too? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!