The smartphone company in the world of technology, Samsung is back in news with the launch of two of its new smartphones of ‘J series’ dubbed as Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro and Samsung Galaxy J7 Max in India. The company has revealed these two mid-range smartphones at a Press Event in New Delhi today.
The two ‘J series’ phones of the South Korean tech giant are packed with some unique and attractive features of its predecessor like Ultra Data saving, S bike Mode, S power among others. The new series will come with Samsung’s Pay Mini payment solution that works on all Android smartphones supporting an HD display and also for those who run on Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system and above.
Samsung’s Pay Mini is the mitigated version of Samsung Pay service that was seen in Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus and this time are ready to support Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro. Coming towards the Samsung’s Pay Mini, it is meant for the phones like Samsung Galaxy J7 Max that are depriving of built-in NFC. It will be helpful in managing mobile wallets as well as UPI for online payments.
The Galaxy J7 Pro and Galaxy J7 Max Design:
Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro and Galaxy J7 Max features a slim metal body design with no bezel on the left and right edges of the handsets. A Home Button is positioned at the front with the fingerprint scanner that sits underneath it. The power button of the phone is placed on the right edge while the volume keys are on the left edge of both the smartphones. The smartphones will be made available in Black and Gold color options.
As far as the specification of the two new smartphones is concerned, it is detailed as follows.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro – Specifications:
- Display: Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro comes with a 5.5-inch full HD (1080p) Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels.
- Processor: The Smartphone is powered by an Exynos 7870 SoC.
- Software: The Phone runs on Android Nougat 7.0 out-of-the-box with Samsung’s custom UI on top.
- Memory and Storage: Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro is equipped with 3GB of RAM and offers 64GB of internal storage which is expandable using a microSD card (up to 128GB).
- Camera: In terms of photography, the smartphone features a 13-megapixel rear sensor with f/1.9 aperture and 1080p video recording capabilities. At the front, there is a 13-megapixel front-facing camera along with Flash for Selfie lovers.
- Connectivity: Connectivity options include dual-SIM card slots, 4G LTE support, and a USB Type-C port.
- Battery: The phone is backed by 3600mAh battery.
- Others: Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro is IP54 certified meaning it is water resistance.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Max – Specifications:
- Display: Samsung Galaxy J7 Max features bigger 5.7-inch TFT display with a full HD and the resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels.
- Processor: The smartphone is powered by a MediaTek Helio P20 octa-core processor.
- Software: Considering software, the phone runs on Android Nougat out-of-the-box.
- Memory and Storage: The handset comes with 4GB of RAM coupled with 32GB of internal storage which is expandable using a Micro SD card.
- Camera: As for optics, the Samsung Galaxy J7 Max packs a 13-megapixel rear and front sensors with f/1.7 aperture and f/1.9 aperture respectively, and flash support on both ends.
- Connectivity: In terms of connectivity, the phone comprises dual-SIM card slots, 4G LTE support, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.
- Battery: The smartphone is backed by a 3300mAh battery.
- Others: You can find smart glow mode around the rear camera that gives you alerts for notifications when they arrive.
Watching for the price tags, Galaxy J7 Pro is priced at Rs. 20,900 and Galaxy J7 Max will cost Rs. 17,900. However, in terms of availability, Samsung Galaxy J7 Max will be obtainable from June 20th onwards while Galaxy J7 Pro will be accessible from mid-July.