There have been many rumors about the launch date of Huawei‘s Honor 9 smartphone and today we just received another one, but this time we have more hope the rumor might turn out to be true. Previously the Honor 9 was expected to be released in an event held in Paris last month, but that certainly did not happen. Another rumor suggested the new smartphone might launch on June 20th this year. However now, through a leaked poster online, the Honor 9 might arrive as early as June 12th which is literally only a few days away.
The leaked poster image from an alleged press invite was shared by Playfuldroid that reveals (in Chinese) the launch date as well as the presence of a dual camera setup at the back of the Honor 9 smartphone. The smartphone is now tipped to be released in an event in Shanghai on June 12th.
The Huawei Honor 9 smartphone isn’t really a huge upgrade from the previous version, the Honor 8 but there are some important changes; one of the most noticeable ones being the absence of the headphone jacks in the new handset. Like many other latest smartphones, Huawei is also finally bidding farewell to the audio jack and that will mean the smartphone might not be for a wide audience.
Also See: Huawei Nova 2 and Nova 2 Plus Launched
Rumored Specifications & Features of Honor 9
- Design: The smartphone will measure 147.3 x 70.9 x 7.45 mm which will mean identical dimensions in terms of the thickness and width as the Honor 8. However the new model will be slightly taller.
- Display: The Huawei Honor 9 will feature a 5.15 inch full HD (1920 x 1080 pixel resolutions) display that will have multi fingerprint touch support.
- Processor: The smartphone is rumored to be powered by Huawei’s own processor chip – the octa-core Huawei Kirin 960 SoC clocked at 2.4 GHz.
- Software: Honor 9 smartphone will run Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI. The software might as well be upgraded to Android O soon when the new OS comes out.
- Memory and Storage: The device will come in two memory variants – 4 GB RAM or a 6 GB RAM – coupled with 64GB internal storage which will be expandable via a microSD card.
- Camera: The handset will pack a 20 MP and 12MP sensor primary cameras (dual camera setup) at the back. The primary camera is also backed up with dual LED-flash lights with laser auto-focus. On the front of the handset, the secondary camera is 8 MP and will not be of a dual setup.
- Battery: The Huawei Honor 9 smartphone packs a decent 3,100mAh battery. No reports of Quick Charging feature are known yet.
- Audio: The phone is getting rid of the audio jack and will rely on wireless audio devices via Bluetooth connectivity.
- Connectivity: The handset will support Bluetooth and WiFi as far as we know
- Price: The price of the Honor 9 is not yet confirmed but we can assume the smartphone, according to the specs and features it packs, to be around US $300.
Huawei has always brought some great smartphones to the market and we expect nothing less from the Honor 9 either. Are you excited for the launch of the Honor 9 on June 12th, or do you think there’s nothing to look forward to since it is so oddly familiar to the Honor 8? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.