HTC is all geared up to hit the Indian market as the company has started sending the invites of the launch event of its latest handset, HTC U 11, the ‘Squeezable Smartphone’ on Friday, June 16, at 11:30 AM local time. The company is more likely to reveal the availability details and the price label of the smartphone at the event.
The official launch of HTC U 11 was held in May in Taiwan and later the phone was released in China in the same month. Last week, the phone was launched in the US market where it was tagged as ‘out of stock’ within just a couple of days, thus succeeded in attracting quite a lot of customers. Now, the company is all set to come to the Indian markets to unveil their new sizzling device later this week but still, it is not known that whether the HTC lovers could get hold of the phone on the same date or not. Speculations are very high that the company might offer the phone for pre-orders but nothing can be said clearly about it at the moment.
HTC U 11 has brought in a new method of interaction with the phone other than with buttons and display only which is the primary attraction of the phone. This new procedure is named as ‘Edge Sense’ feature. The Edge Sense feature of the phone; being sensitive to pressure offers you to squeeze the phone to draw out the responses. This feature allows you to send texts, open emails, and launch a camera or your favorite app or game. Moreover, the users will also have an instant access to Google Assistant.
Talking about the other features and specs of the phone, here is what you all need to know about the new squeezy HTC device.
HTC U 11 – Features and Specifications:
- Design: The HTC U 11 features a glass front and back with a metal core. The glass looks like liquid, changing in the light due to the depth of glass and the reflective properties of the metal elements used in forming the glass. It gives an entirely unique look from every angle. It measures 6.06 x 2.99 x 0.31 inches (153.9 x 75.9 x 7.9 mm). A front fingerprint scanner sits in the same location as the HTC 10. There’s no 3.5mm headphone socket on the HTC U11, using the USB Type-C instead. The phone is water and dust resistant, IP 67 certified. The phone will be made available in Amazing Silver, Black, Sapphire Blue, Ice White, and Solar Red color options.
- Display: The phone comes with 5.5-inches screen with a 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution, for 534ppi. The display is finished with 2.5D curves to the edge and is Gorilla Glass 5 for protection.
- Processor: The HTC U 11 is powered by 2.45GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC.
- Software: The smartphone runs on Android 7.1 Nougat. HTC is also offering Google Assistant on the HTC U11, in addition to Amazon Alexa.
- Memory and Storage: Leaks claimed that the India will get the variant that is equipped with 6GB RAM paired with the storage capacity of 128GB which is expandable via Micro SD card.
- Camera: The phone supports a 12 megapixels rear camera ultra-spread autofocus, BSI sensor, f/1.7 aperture, dual-LED flash, slow-motion, and 4K video recording as well. For front camera, the phone is packed with a 16-megapixel sensor for your selfies with BSI sensor, full-HD recording.
- Connectivity: Connectivity options include USB 3.1 Type-C port, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), and GPS/ A-GPS and NFC.
- Sensors: Sensors on the phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
- Battery: HTC U 11 is backed by packs a 3000mAh battery and supports Quick Charge 3.0.
- Price: The smartphone launched in the United States, Canada, and the UK for the equivalent price of roughly $650 to $700, meaning that the HTC U11 in India should cost between 42,000 and 45,000 rupees.
That is all for now. Stay tuned for more updates regarding the pricing and availability of HTC U 11.