Earlier this year, Xiaomi Redmi 4X along with its in-house Pinecone S1 SoC and Mi 5C smartphone was launched by one of the popular brands of the cellular industry, Xiaomi. This budget phone came with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system spiced with MIUI 8. Xiaomi has now officially announced the availability of Android 7.0 Nougat beta for Redmi 4X.
Lately, the confirmation of MIUI Global Beta ROM 7.5.18 to be coming to a handful of Xiaomi phones such as Mi 5s, Mi MIX, Redmi 4, Redmi 4A and Redmi 4X had been made by the company. And, now the Chinese company has made one more declaration for its potential clients regarding the software of Xiaomi Redmi 4X. According to the reports, Xiaomi Redmi 4X will start getting Android 7.0 Nougat closed beta from May 26th.
Closed beta which is also termed as a private beta is released to a group of people via invitations to test and check out the up gradation of the firmware. The Redmi 4X users can join this beta testing program in order to test the new features being offered by Android 7.0 MIUI 8 beta version before it is officially made available to everyone.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi 4X:
- Design: Xiaomi Redmi 4X features a smooth metallic chassis with rounded corners. At the rear, there is a fingerprint sensor. The smartphone carries Touch Sensitive Control Keys. It measures 5.48 x 2.75 x 0.34 inches (139.24 x 69.96 x 8.65 mm). It is available in colors like Cherry Blossom, Champagne Gold, and Matte Black
- Display: The Xiaomi Redmi 4X comes with a 5-inch HD screen with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and 2.5D Scratch-resistant curved glass (Corning Gorilla Glass).
- System Chip: the Smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 8940
- Processor: The spectacular handset consists of Octa-core, 1400 MHz, ARM Cortex-A53, 64-bit, 28 nm.
- Memory and Storage: At the time of launch, Xiaomi had introduced two variants: 2 GB RAM + 16 GB storage and 3 GB of RAM + 32 GB storage. The Chinese firm recently introduced a third variant for it featuring 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB storage.
- Camera: In terms of photography, The Xiaomi Redmi 4X exhibits a 13MP main snapper and a 5MP selfie camera. It also offers video calling and video sharing options.
- Battery: The smartphone gets the power from a 4100mAh battery that supports 36 hours talk time and 18 days of standby time.
- Audio: Observing carefully, there seems to be a 3.5mm audio port on the top of the device.
- Connectivity: Xiaomi Redmi 4X offers WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, GPS with A-GPS, Bluetooth v4.2.
So be ready to update your Xiaomi Redmi 4X and enjoy more exciting features. Stay tuned for more!!