Finally, it has been revealed that Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is going to hit the markets of Beijing, China at a news conference scheduled to hold on May 25th.
Xiaomi has released a poster which advertises the next generation supersize screen smartphone. The poster also teases that the Mi Max 2 launch will be witnessed by Xiaomi’s CEO Lei Jun as well as the executives of the top Chinese company.
Earlier reports had claimed the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 would be released along with the Xiaomi Mi 6, but that remained a rumor. Then some other reports kept flowing in that the phone will start rolling out from 23rd of May, but now it seems like that the company’s new posters are nailing May 25th as the final date.
The device is said to come with improvements in its memory, processor, battery and some other aspects. Let us probe into the specifications and the features of this amazing new smartphone by Xiaomi.
Leaked Specifications of Xiaomi Mi Max 2:
As far as the specifications of this new smartphone from Xiaomi are being concerned, a few speculations have come into the picture.
- Design: Some of the leaked images have suggested that the Mi Max 2 will comprise an all-metal body. The handset is also said to pack dual speaker grilles at the bottom edge of the device and a USB Type-C port. A fingerprint scanner is situated in the center at the back, just like its predecessor.
- Display: The Mi Max 2 is rumored to come with the same 6.44-inch display as its predecessor, the Mi Max with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and protected via Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- Software: Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is likely to arrive with Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS with MIUI 9 layer on top.
- Processor: The device could be powered by a Snapdragon 660 processor.
- Memory and Storage: Some leaks also bring in the possibility that the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 might come in two different variants; one with SD 626 SoC along with 4GB RAM and the other with SD 660 SoC backed up by 6GB of RAM.
- Camera: Moving forward to the camera of the device, it is projected to feature a 12MP Sony IMX378 sensor as the main shooter with phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash. On the other hand, it embraces 5MP selfie camera on the front.
- Audio Port: The device is anticipated to come with 3.5mm audio jack on the top of the device.
- Sensors: It comprises fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer.
- Battery: Speaking of battery backup, the device is said to be equipped with a large 5000mAh battery under its hood.
- Connections: In terms of connection, Xiaomi Mi Max 2 will support Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot and more.
Well, these are some simple speculations. Details of the phone are yet to be announced by the company. But at least the wait of the Xiaomi lovers is finally going to come to an end who are expecting the phone to be much like its predecessor in terms of display.