Long awaited Xiaomi Mi Max 2 has finally launched at an event in Beijing, China. The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is the successor of Xiaomi Mi Max which came last year and gained tremendous popularity among its potential users. So, keeping in mind the previous record, the expectations are much higher from this second large screen phablet from the Chinese Company during the recent years.
The phone has launched in two variants in China where the company also discloses the key specifications, price and the release date of the phone. However taking into consideration the rest of the markets around the globe, Xiaomi has not announced any such thing, not even for the Indian markets.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 offers a luxurious large screen display packed with stereo speakers, updated design and a large battery to its customers. Let us look into the specifications of this new attraction by Xiaomi.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 – Features and Specifications:
- Design: Xiaomi Mi Max 2 looks almost similar to its predecessor. You may not find any significant changes other than the antenna band design that is tucked towards the top and the bottom edges which were previously positioned on the tops and the bottom of Xiaomi Mi Max. The phone exhibits a smooth back design with a fingerprint sensor. The LED flash is placed on the left side of the camera sensor. The charging port and the speaker grilles are placed at the bottom panel. It seems to give a little curvy look at its edges. The black border around the screen is thinner than one which came in Xiaomi Mi Max.
- Display: Xiaomi Mi Max 2 features a massive 6.44-inch full-HD display with the resolution of 1080×1920 pixels.
- Processor: The spectacular handset is powered by octa-core Snapdragon 625 SoC clocked at 2GHz
- Software: Coming towards the software, it runs MIUI 8 based on Android Nougat.
- Memory and Storage: The device will come with 4GB of RAM coupled with 64GB and 128GB inbuilt storage models.
- Camera: The Mi Max 2 comes with a 12MP IMX386 sensor. The pixel size has been increased to 1.25um for better quality pictures along with a night mode enhancement feature. Other camera specs include PDAF, dual tone LED flash and dynamic range adjustment. The front camera is of 5MP with 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Battery: One of the main fascinations of Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is the battery. The new generation model now comes with a much larger 5300mAh battery inside that promises up to 18 hours of video playback. 57 hour continuous talk time or even 10-day continuous music playback with this huge battery on board. Further, charging it won’t be an issue since the phone supports Quick Charge 3.0 and charges up to 68% in an hour.
- Audio: The phone comes with a 3.5mm audio port on the top of the device.
- Price: Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is priced at 1699 Yuan for 4GB RAM+ 64GB storage version, which makes around Rs. 15,900 on conversion. The 4GB RAM + 128GB version is priced at 1999 Yuan, which is around Rs. 18,700.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 will go on sale from 1st of June in China and will be available in both online and offline stores.