Samsung Z4 has been officially announced and the smartphone will come with the company’s very own Tizen OS. The smartphone is the 4th smartphone to come with Tizen OS and it will launch this month itself in India. Currently, the South Korean giant hasn’t announced the release date or the pricing of the device.
The smartphone is an entry-level smartphone and it will run on Tizen 3.0 OS. The phone will be available in black, gold and silver color and will be showcased at Tizen Developer Conference in San Francisco next week.
Samsung Z4 will sport a 4.5-inch WVGA (480×800) display and will be powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. The smartphone will also come with a 5-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash and a 5-megapixel camera in the front with flash as well. There will be both single SIM and dual SIM variants, depending on the market and it will be 4G enabled.
The smartphone will run on Tizen 3.0 OS, which is the latest version of the mobile operating system and it will be supported by a 2,050 mAh battery.
“The Samsung Z4 brings a simplified mobile experience to first time smartphone users and represents our ongoing commitment to expanding the Tizen ecosystem,” DJ Koh, president of mobile communications business at Samsung Electronics, was quoted as saying in the company’s release.
The smartphone will launch this month in India along with other select markets, however there is no announcement regarding the pricing of the device.
Samsung Z4 Specifications & Features
- Display: 4.5-inch WVGA (480×800 pixels) resolution with 2.5D curved glass on top
- Processor: 1.5 GHz quad-core processor (chipset hasn’t been specified) coupled with 1GB of RAM
- Software: Tizen 3.0 OS
- Camera: 5-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash and 5-megapixel front camera with flash
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 132.9×69.2×10.3mm and weighs 143 grams.
- Battery: 2,050 mAh
- Colors: Black, Gold and Silver