Nokia has, perhaps, been one of the oldest smartphone companies to date. In this competitive industry though, it hasn’t always been at top of its game. That might all change soon though. Nokia already released the Nokia 3310 handset while Nokia 3 and Nokia 6 are scheduled to hit the markets soon. A few weeks back, rumors of yet another Nokia phone surfaced through a leaked French advertisement – Nokia 9.
New images have now been leaked of the Nokia 9 making the phone a reality and not just a rumor. The leaks were shared by FrAndroid, a French website, which got the chance to experience the Nokia 9 hands on.
Nokia 9: Specifications and Features
Although we do not know the exact specifications and features of the new Nokia smartphone except what FrAndroid has provided us with, reasonable estimates can be made on what’s there. Until Nokia officially introduces the Nokia 9, we might have to rely on leaks to get the required information. Here are a few things that we know already about the new Nokia 9.
- Design: The leaked images did not exactly reveal the design of the Nokia 9. The pictures showed the phone encased in a plastic covering so we can’t really tell what the new smartphone will be like in terms of design. However from the early rumors about the smartphone, Nokia 9 seemed to have employed an Iris scanner to its design, along with the conventional fingerprint scanner. The older leaks also showcased Nokia 9 in a silver colored body.
- Display: Nokia 9 will sport a 5.3 inch QHD display (1440 x 2560 pixel resolution) with a premium stylus support and a screen resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels.
- Processor: It is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor.
- Software: The leaks of the new Nokia smartphone suggest it will run on Android 7.1 Nougat but it might as well be upgraded to Android O since the new software is underway.
- Memory and Storage: As far as the memory is concerned, it will have of 4GB RAM on board with an internal memory of about 64 GB which we believe will be expandable although no information regarding a microSD card has been revealed. Earlier, rumors suggested Nokia 9 will come with a 6 GB RAM and although that rumor has not been rebuked since it might as well come with a 6 GB variant, no information about it has come to light.
- Camera: The Nokia 9 will come with a dual-camera setup as its primary cameras with a 13-megapixel quality and dual LED-flash lights. There is no reliable information available on its secondary camera.
- Battery: This Nokia smartphone is backed by a 3800mAh battery with fast charging support.
- Audio: The leaked images, although in a plastic covering, do reveal a 3.5 mm audio jack so we know Nokia hasn’t yet abandoned wired headphones yet. It will however feature a USB-C support.
There has been no official statement by the Nokia company regarding their alleged Nokia 9 handset therefore we still don’t know when it will be released. We might come to know more specs about this powerful handset in the coming months (through leaks or otherwise) but till then there isn’t much that is confirmed about this new smartphone.