Just today, the Taiwanese company HTC launched its latest flagship model – the HTC U11. This version is the next in line from the previous HTC 10 that was released last year. The “U” stands for Ultra, and with the specs this smartphone packs, it definitely does stay true to its name. The HTC U11 will be officially available for purchase by mid-June across the globe and will be priced at US $750.
A unique feature of the HTC U11 that had our heads turning is the Edge Sense which allows you to squeeze the lower edges of the phone to access the camera and send texts. The feature is customizable and users can opt either for the “short squeeze” mode, or the “squeeze and hold” mode. The Edge Sense also plays host to advanced touch mode that lets you operate the feature even with gloves on.
Other highlights of the new HTC U11 include its liquid design and its incredibly powerful processor – the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC. According to Business Insider, the new HTC handset will include Amazon’s voice service, Alexa, as well. It will be one of the first smartphones to integrate this voice-assistant. However only users of some limited regions will be able to use this feature.
The new HTC U11 is the slimmest smartphone to date with a magnificent design that competes with the Samsung Galaxy S8. The smartphone has other cool features too that are listed below.
Specifications of HTC U11
- Design: All-glass back (Gorilla Glass 5) with curved edges that give it a liquid back design look. It is also a fingerprint magnet. The smartphone will be available in five colors – Sapphire Blue, Ice White, Amazing Silver, Brilliant Black and Solar Red. Furthermore, it will support Dual SIM cards and will have a Hybrid SIM and SD card slot.
- Display: 5.5 inch SuperLCD display with Gorilla Glass 5 Corning.
- Processor: 2.45 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC.
- Software: Android v. 7.11 Nougat, and the company’s original HTC Sense.
- Memory & Storage: HTC U11 will be available in either 4 GB RAM with 64 GB internal storage, or a 6 GB RAM with 128 GB internal storage. The storage will also be expandable in both variants for up to 2TB by a microSD card.
- Camera: 12 MP Primary camera and a 16 MP wide-angle front camera ideal for selfies.
- Battery: 3,000mAH battery that will not support Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 which probably isn’t the best battery life you can get for your phone.
- Audio: The HTC U11 does not have an audio jack. Instead it will support USB-C and noise-cancelling headphones. The earbuds will come in the box.
- Other Features: The new smartphone is IP67-water resistant. It will come with both Alexa and Google voice assistants. Furthermore, the phone will have the new Edge Sense Feature which will make it a “squeezable” smartphone.
HTC is definitely giving some serious competition to its rivals in the electronic industry. HTC U11 will hit the market next month which has us very excited. Let us know, down in the comments, your thoughts about this ultra smartphone.