There are many jailbreaking tools that you can use to jailbreak your iOS device, but the easiest of them all it JailbreakMe. Unlike other tools that you have to download to use, JailbreakMe.com doesn’t ask you to download anything as it is a browser-based jailbreaking tool.
You can simply visit the JailbreakMe.com website from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to jailbreak your device. Though the browser-based jailbreaking has been around for a long time, it has been revived multiple times and it was also the first jailbreak tool for iPad 2.
With this tool, you can simply use Safari browser to visit the website and then click on the Install button and your device will be jailbroken automatically. To check if you device is jailbroken, you can see if Cydia app is installed or not. If it is present on your phone, it means your device has been jailbroken.
So, if you have never jailbroken your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch before, and you don’t have much technical knowledge, then you can use JailbreakMe jailbreak tool for your iOS device.
JailbreakMe Device Compatibility
Before you use the tool to jailbreak your device, you should know that not all the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch versions are compatible with it. Also, only a few firmware versions can be jailbroken with it.
Here is the list of all the devices that are compatible with JailbreakMe. Go through them and if your smartphone is present with the supported firmware version, then you can go ahead and jailbreak it.
- iPhone 6s Plus: Not Supported
- iPhone 6s: Not Supported
- iPhone 6 Plus: Not Supported
- iPhone 6: Not Supported
- iPhone 5s: Not Supported
- iPhone 5c: Not Supported
- iPhone 5: Not Supported
- iPhone 4S: Not Supported
- iPhone 4: iOS 4 (iOS 4.2.8, 4.2.7, 4.2.6, 4.3.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.1, 4.3, 4.0.1, 4.0)
- iPhone 3GS: iOS 4 (iOS 4.3.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.1, 4.3, 4.0.1, 4.0) + iOS 3 (iOS 3.1.2)
- iPhone 3G: iOS 4 (iOS 4.0.1) + iOS 3 (iOS 3.1.3, 3.1.2)
- iPhone 2G: iOS 3 (iOS 3.1.3, 3.1.2)
- iPad Pro: Not Supported
- iPad Air 2: Not Supported
- iPad Air: Not Supported
- iPad Mini 4: Not Supported
- iPad Mini 3: Not Supported
- iPad Mini 2: Not Supported
- iPad Mini: Not Supported
- iPad 4: Not Supported
- iPad 3: Not Supported
- iPad 2: iOS 4 (4.3.3)
- iPad 1: iOS 4 (iOS 4.3.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.1, 4.3) + iOS 3 (iOS 3.2.1, 3.2)
iPod Touch Support:
- iPod Touch 6G: Not Supported
- iPod Touch 5G: Not Supported
- iPod Touch 4G: iOS 4 (iOS 4.3.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.1, 4.3)
- iPod Touch 3G: iOS 4 (iOS 4.3.3, 4.3.2, 4.3)
- iPod Touch 2G: iOS 4 (iOS 4.0) + iOS 3 (iOS 3.1.3, 3.1.2)
- iPod Touch 1G: iOS 3 (iOS 3.1.3, 3.1.2)
(Supported Devices List Credit – iJailbreak.com)
Why is JailbreakMe Different than Other Jailbreak tools?
Unlike many other jailbreaking tools, JailbreakMe doesn’t require you to restore your device and delete all the data from it to complete the jailbreak process.
With JailbreakMe.com, you can easily jailbreak your iOS device in a single touch and none of your data will be erased. Not every user keeps a backup of their data so it is better to use a method which doesn’t delete your data to complete the process.
Moreover, JailbreakMe only supports untethered jailbreak which means your device will function normally even after being jailbroken and won’t require the assistance of your computer for a reboot.
How to Prepare and Use JailbreakMe Jailbreak tool?
Since, the tools is browser-based, all you have to do is use the Safari web browser to visit the website and tap on the Install button to perform the jailbreak process.
However, it is recommended to delete all the cache and junk files from your device before you go ahead with the process.
To delete the Cache files, go to Settings on your iOS device and then select Safari. Now, scroll down and click on Clear History, Clear Cookies and Clear Cache to delete all the junk files from your phone. Also, clear the multitasking bar while you are at it.
How to Jailbreak with JailbreakMe?
The jailbreak process using the tool is the most simple of all the methods. So, if you have a device that is compatible with the tool and the firmware version is supported, then you can go ahead and follow the steps below.
These are the general steps that you can follow on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with the supported firmware versions.
- On your device, open Safari browser and go to www.jailbreakme.com, if your firmware version is 4.0.1 onwards; and if your firmware version is between 3.1.2 and 4.0.1, then visit www.jailbreakme.com/star on your device.
- If you visit JailbreakMe.com, then you will have to tap on the Free button and then on the Install button to download and install Cydia app on your device. Once Cydia is installed successfully, your device will be jailbroken. However, if you visit, JailbreakMe.com/star, then you will see a slide to jailbreak option. Simply do that and you will see Cydia icon appear on your homescreen, which means that jailbreak process has been successful.
- Restart your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and then launch Cydia on your device to start using it.
That’s the complete article on everything you needed to know about JailbreakMe jailbreak tool. It is the simplest tool that you can use to jailbreak your device and download and install Cydia on it.
If you have any queries related to the tool or any suggestions in making the article even better, then do let us know via the comments section below.
Share the article with your friends if you liked it and let them know about this awesome browser-based JailbreakMe jailbreak tool that can jailbreak and install Cydia with a single click.